Initially from a financial services and corporate background, I began counselling training in 2000. My core training is in Person Centred counselling and I have undergone continuous training in other approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Each client is unique and I draw on techniques when working with clients which I feel would benefit the client.
I have experience of working with a broad range of issues and I have had specialist training in bereavement and loss issues and have been a bereavement counsellor for a national agency for 12 years and also supervise other bereavement counsellors.
I am trained and experienced in working with eating disorders, obesity and weight management issues and qualified as a Master Practitioner in Eating Disorders & Obesity, having undergone practitioner training with the National Centre for Eating Disorders. I have a particular passion for working with binge eating, bulimia and anorexia.
I am a Member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and adhere to their ethical guidelines. In accordance with BACP guidelines my client work is taken to supervision on a regular basis.
- Dip Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in CBT Methods
- Dip Cognitive Hypnotherapy, Quest Institute, London
- Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma, Quest Institute, London
- Licensed Integral Eye Movement Therapy Practitioner
- Emotional Freedom Technique AAMET level 2 (trained by Karl Dawson)
- Accredited Bereavement Counsellor
- Certificate in Practitioner Skills in Obesity Management (NCFED)
- Certificate in Nutritional Skills for Eating Disorders (NCFED)
- Diploma in Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders (NCFED)
- Master Practitioner Eating Disorders & Obesity (NCFED)
- INLPTA Diploma Neuro Linguistic Programming
- INLPTA Certified Practitioner Neuro Linguistic Programming
- An ongoing commitment to Continuous Professional Development.
- Member of BACP
- Member NCH
- Professional Member of BEAT
- Network Member of National Centre for Eating Disorders